We'd like "your" favourite recipe for cooking beef, poultry, lamb, fish, shrimp or pork.
In our store we have a box where you can drop off recipes. Please do not email them to us, thank you.
We'll be posting these recipes on our web site to share with everyone. We'll even give you credit for it, if you'd like, or write anonymous on it, and we'll keep your initials, or name secret.
Bring them in when you come shopping and stuff our box full.
THIS WEEK'S RECIPE...
CUBAN STYLED PORK CHOPS
- 2-tbsp frozen orange juice concentrate, defrosted
- 2-tbsp ketchup
- 2-tbsp molasses
- 1-tsp ground cumin
- 1-tsp dried oregano leaves
- 1/4-tsp cayenne
- 2-garlic cloves, minced
- 1-tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 4-centre-cut pork loin chops, about 1/2-inch thick
- 1/4-cup coarsely chopped cilantro
- In a bowl, stir orange concentrate with ketchup, molasses, dried seasonings and garlic
- Squeeze in juice from lime
- Stir in oil
Pour 3/4 of the marinade over the chops and turn to coat evenly
- Cover and let marinate in the fridge for 1 hour to overnight, turning occasionally
- Refrigerate reserved marinade
- Remove from marinade (discarding marinate)
- Grill on barbeque over medium heat with closed lid for about 12-15 minutes, turning once
- Brush with the reserved marinade during the last 5 minutes of cooking
- Remove from grill and sprinkle with cilantro to serve
- Serve with your choice of wine and custy bread.
Submitted by: Molly T.