We'd like "your" favourite recipe for cooking beef, poultry, lamb, fish, shrimp or pork.
In our store we have a box where you can drop off recipes. Please do not email them to us, thank you.
We'll be posting these recipes on our web site to share with everyone. We'll even give you credit for it, if you'd like, or write anonymous on it, and we'll keep your initials, or name secret.
Bring them in when you come shopping and stuff our box full.
THIS WEEK'S RECIPE...
GRILLED PORK CHOPS WITH BASIL-GARLIC RUB
- 4 bone in pork loin chops
- 2 cloves garlic peeled
- 1 cup fresh basil, packed
- 2 tbsp lemon juice, fresh
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp coarse salf
- 1/2 tsp black pepper, freshly ground
- With machine running, drop garlic through feed tube of food processor to mince. Stop, add fresh basil, and process until chopped. Add lemon juice, oil, salt, and pepper and process to make thin wet rub. Spread both sides of pork chops with basil mixture. Let stand 15 to 30 minutes.
- Prepare a medium-hot fire in grill. Brush the grate clean and oil the grate. Grill chops, over direct heat, turning once, to medium rare doneness, 5 to 6 minutes per side, or until the internal temperature reaches 145 degrees Fahrenheit, followed by a 3-minute rest time.
- Top the chops with shavings of parmesian cheese (use a potatoe peeler).
Submitted by: Sherry C.