We'd like "your" favourite recipe for cooking beef, poultry, lamb, fish, shrimp or pork.
In our store we have a box where you can drop off recipes. Please do not email them to us, thank you.
We'll be posting these recipes on our web site to share with everyone. We'll even give you credit for it, if you'd like, or write anonymous on it, and we'll keep your initials, or name secret.
Bring them in when you come shopping and stuff our box full.
THIS WEEK'S RECIPE...
JILLS WICKED BEEF BURGERS
- 250g ground beef
- 1 egg
- 1/2 small onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup parsley, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup rolled oats or breadcrumbs
- 1Tbsp tomato sauce
- 1/2Tbsp chutney
- 1tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1tsp salt
- 1Tbsp grapeseed oil
- 4 round bread rolls
- Tomato sauce (optional)
- 1 onion (preferably red), thinly sliced (optional)
- 1 large tomato, thinly sliced
- 4 salad leaves, washed and dried
- Making the meat patties:
- Combine the meat patty ingredients together in a large bowl ensuring that they are well mixed.
- Divide the meat patties into 4, place each portion of mince onto a board and mould into flat round shapes, about the size of the rolls.
- The Finale:
- Slice the rolls open and spread the base with a thin layer of tomato sauce. Cover with a thin layer of onion and tomato.
- The patties can be either grilled or fried.
- To fry – heat the oil in a pan, and then fry the patties, in two batches, on each side for about 4 minutes. Keep warm.
- To grill – heat the grill, and once hot, place the patties on a grill pan, lined with foil, grilling each side for about 4 minutes, until done. Keep warm.
- Place a meat patty into each roll, topped with a lettuce leaf.
Submitted by: Jill E.