We'd like "your" favourite recipe for cooking beef, poultry, lamb, fish, shrimp or pork.
In our store we have a box where you can drop off recipes. Please do not email them to us, thank you.
We'll be posting these recipes on our web site to share with everyone. We'll even give you credit for it, if you'd like, or write anonymous on it, and we'll keep your initials, or name secret.
Bring them in when you come shopping and stuff our box full.
THIS WEEK'S RECIPE...
Zesty Prime Rib Steak
- Chimichurri Sauce (see recipe below)
- 1 (1-1/2 inch thick) prime rib steak (bone in or out – it doesn’t matter)
- Coarse or sea salt and freshly-ground black
- pepper (to taste)
- Olive oil
- 1 bunch flat-leafed parsley
- 3 scallions (green onions)
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/3 cup white wine vinegar
- Red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1/2 to 2/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- In your blender, add the parsley, scallions, garlic, wine vinegar and red pepper flakes (if using).
- Blend for several seconds. With the blender on, slowly pour in the olive oil until you reach the consistency you like (it should be slightly emulsified or thickened).
- Set aside until ready to serve.
- Preheat oven to 400°. Prepare Chimichurri Sauce.
- Season the prime rib steak with salt and pepper on both sides, and rub into the meat.
- Heat your cast-iron skillet on the stovetop until it’s very hot.Add a little bit of olive oil to the skillet (it will smoke!), and gently place the prepared prime rib in the hot skillet; sear for 5 minutes.
- Turn the prime rib over and place in the skillet with the prime rib in the oven for 7 minutes. Remove from oven and remove the prime rib steak from the skillet and let it rest for 5 minutes (your steak will be a perfect medium rare).
- Serve with vegetable of your choice.
Submitted by: Ed S.