We'd like "your" favourite recipe for cooking beef, poultry, lamb, fish, shrimp or pork.
In our store we have a box where you can drop off recipes. Please do not email them to us, thank you.
We'll be posting these recipes on our web site to share with everyone. We'll even give you credit for it, if you'd like, or write anonymous on it, and we'll keep your initials, or name secret.
Bring them in when you come shopping and stuff our box full.
THIS WEEK'S RECIPE...
WILD MUSHROOM BEEF STEW
- 1 1/2 to 2 pounds beef stew meat, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 1/2 cups beef broth
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 4 shiitake mushrooms, sliced
- 2 medium carrots, sliced
- 2 medium potatoes, diced
- 1 small white onion, chopped
- 1 stalk celery, sliced
- Put the beef in the 4 1/2-quart CROCK-POT® slow cooker. Mix together the flour, salt and pepper and sprinkle over the meat; stir to coat each piece of meat with flour. Add the remaining ingredients and stir to mix well.
- Cover; cook on LOW 10 to 12 hours or on HIGH for 4 to 6 hours. Stir the stew before serving.
- You may double the amount of meat, mushrooms, carrots, potatoes, onion and celery for the 5, 6 or 7-quart CROCK-POT® slow cooker.
- This classic beef stew is given a twist with the addition of flavorful shiitake mushrooms. If shiitake mushrooms are unavailable in your local grocery store, you can substitute other mushrooms of your choice. For extra punch, add a few dried porcini mushrooms to the stew.
Submitted by: Kim H.