We'd like "your" favourite recipe for cooking beef, poultry, lamb, fish, shrimp or pork.
In our store we have a box where you can drop off recipes. Please do not email them to us, thank you.
We'll be posting these recipes on our web site to share with everyone. We'll even give you credit for it, if you'd like, or write anonymous on it, and we'll keep your initials, or name secret.
Bring them in when you come shopping and stuff our box full.
THIS WEEK'S RECIPE...
Savoury Garlic Marinated Steak
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon liquid smoke flavoring
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- 2 (1/2 pound) of steaks
- In a medium bowl, mix the vinegar, soy sauce, garlic, honey, olive oil, ground black pepper, Worcestershire sauce, onion powder, salt, liquid smoke, and cayenne pepper.
- Place steaks in a shallow glass dish with the marinade, and turn to coat. For optimum flavor, rub the liquid into the meat. Cover, and marinate in the refrigerator for 1 to 2 days.
- Preheat grill for medium-high to high heat.
Lightly oil the grill grate. Grill steaks 7 minutes per side, or to desired doneness. Discard leftover marinade.
- Aluminum foil can be used to keep food moist, cook it evenly, and make clean-up easier.
Submitted by: Sandra T.