We'd like "your" favourite recipe for cooking beef, poultry, lamb, fish, shrimp or pork.
In our store we have a box where you can drop off recipes. Please do not email them to us, thank you.
We'll be posting these recipes on our web site to share with everyone. We'll even give you credit for it, if you'd like, or write anonymous on it, and we'll keep your initials, or name secret.
Bring them in when you come shopping and stuff our box full.
THIS WEEK'S RECIPE...
ITALIAN SAUSAGE SOUP
- 8 ounces hot or sweet Italian sausage
- 2 cups fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can diced tomatoes with basil, garlic, and oregano
- 1/2 cup uncooked small shell pasta
- 2 cups bagged baby spinach leaves
- 2 tablespoons grated fresh Parmesan or Romano cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- Heat a large saucepan over medium heat.
- Remove casings from sausage.
- Add sausage to pan, and cook about 5 minutes or until browned, stirring to crumble.
- Drain; return to pan.
- Add broth, tomatoes, and pasta to pan, and bring to a boil over high heat.
- Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 10 minutes or until pasta is done.
- Remove from heat; stir in spinach until wilted.
- Sprinkle each serving with cheese and basil.
- Serve with fresh Italian bread.
Submitted by: Tony H.