We'd like "your" favourite recipe for cooking beef, poultry, lamb, fish, shrimp or pork.
In our store we have a box where you can drop off recipes. Please do not email them to us, thank you.
We'll be posting these recipes on our web site to share with everyone. We'll even give you credit for it, if you'd like, or write anonymous on it, and we'll keep your initials, or name secret.
Bring them in when you come shopping and stuff our box full.
THIS WEEK'S RECIPE...
STUFFED BEEF AND CHEDDAR BURGER
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) water
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) dry breadcrumbs
- 1 small onion, grated
- 2 tsp (10 mL) Dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) dried thyme
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) salt
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) pepper
- 1 lb (454 g) lean ground beef
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) shredded aged cheddar cheese
- 4 hamburger buns
- In large bowl, beat egg with water; stir in bread crumbs, onion, Dijon mustard, thyme, salt and pepper. Add beef; mix just until combined.
- Divide into quarters; shape into balls. With finger, make well in each ball; place one-quarter of the cheese in well. Press meat over to enclose cheese. Press into four 3/4-inch (2 cm) thick patties. (Make-ahead: Layer between waxed paper in airtight container and refrigerate for up to 24 hours or freeze for up to 1 month. Thaw in refrigerator.)
- Place patties on greased grill over medium heat; close lid and grill, turning once, until digital thermometer inserted sideways into centre reads 160°F (71°C), 12 to 14 minutes. Serve on buns.
Submitted by: Christopher C.
- Serve with fresh fries or potatoe chips.