We'd like "your" favourite recipe for cooking beef, poultry, lamb, fish, shrimp or pork.
In our store we have a box where you can drop off recipes. Please do not email them to us, thank you.
We'll be posting these recipes on our web site to share with everyone. We'll even give you credit for it, if you'd like, or write anonymous on it, and we'll keep your initials, or name secret.
Bring them in when you come shopping and stuff our box full.
THIS WEEK'S RECIPE...
Peachy Pork Roast
- 3 lb (1.5 kg) Canadian Pork leg or loin roast, boneless
- 1 28 fl oz./796 mL can sliced peaches packed in light syrup
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) brown sugar
- 3 tbsp (50 mL) chili sauce
- 3 tbsp (50 mL) cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) vegetable oil
- 1 tsp (5 mL) salt
- 1 tsp (5 mL) ground ginger
- 1 1/2 tsp (2 mL) ground pepper
- Place Pork roast in a plastic bag, non-metal bowl or sealable container. Reserve a few peach slices for garnish.
- Blend all remaining ingredients in a blender or food processor until smooth.
- Pour half of the mixture over the pork roast. Seal and refrigerate 8 hours or overnight along with remaining half peach mixture, turning bag over several times.
- Drain the marinade into a small saucepan and boil 1 minute. Preheat barbecue on high; reduce heat to medium low. Place roast on grill over a drip pan or on the rotisserie. Close barbecue cover and roast, basting often with the marinade until internal temperature measured with a meat thermometer reaches 160°CF (70°C).
- Tent with foil and let stand 10 minutes before carving. Garnish with reserved peach slices.
- Serve with heated reserved peach mixture.
Submitted by: Teddy B.