We'd like "your" favourite recipe for cooking beef, poultry, lamb, fish, shrimp or pork.
In our store we have a box where you can drop off recipes. Please do not email them to us, thank you.
We'll be posting these recipes on our web site to share with everyone. We'll even give you credit for it, if you'd like, or write anonymous on it, and we'll keep your initials, or name secret.
Bring them in when you come shopping and stuff our box full.
THIS WEEK'S RECIPE...
PAN SEARED NEW YORK STRIP STEAK
- 2 (12-ounce) lean, grass-fed New York strip steaks
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3/4 teaspoon black pepper or cracked pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 thyme sprigs
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- Let steaks stand 30 minutes at room temperature.
- Sprinkle salt and pepper evenly over steaks. Heat a large cast-iron skillet over high heat. Add oil to pan; swirl to coat. Add steaks to pan; cook 3 minutes on each side or until browned. Reduce heat to medium-low; add butter, thyme, and garlic to pan. Carefully grasp pan handle using an oven mitt or folded dish towel. Tilt pan toward you so butter pools; cook 1 1/2 minutes, basting steaks with butter constantly. Remove steaks from pan; cover loosely with foil. Let stand 10 minutes. Reserve butter mixture.
- Cut steak diagonally across grain into thin slices. Discard thyme and garlic; spoon reserved butter mixture over steak.
- This recipe is smokey, so keep exhaust fan on high.
Submitted by: John T.