...where you will find "quality" Beef, Pork, Chicken, Fresh Fish, Cheese, Deli Meats, Salads, Sauces and Spices.
Our "Weekly Specials" will be posted Sunday morning, for the upcoming week.
In our "Did You Know" section there are links to the nutritional values, cuts, preparation, recipes or anything else you would like to know about beef, poultry or pork.
So come on in and browse for a while! - John Schinkel and Staff
new york strip steaks tonight?
Specials in effect Tues. Aug. 4 to Sat. Aug 8, 2015
CLOSED CIVIC HOLIDAY
[click graphic below for a larger view]
A Family Tradition Since 1925
100% ONTARIO WHOLE MILK
NO MODIFIED MILK PRODUCTS
Vist their web site
Visit their Blog
Go to our Recipe Archive
Recipe of the Week
HERBED MEATBALL SOUP
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 0.50 lb. ground pork
- 1 c. onion
- 4 clove garlic
- 1.50 tsp. instant tapioca
- 1 lemon zest
- 1 tsp. sugar
- 1 tsp. salt
- 0.50 tsp. red pepper
- 3 tbsp. olive oil
- 6 c. low-sodium chicken broth
- 3 sprig fresh oregano
- 3 sprig parsley
- 1.50 tbsp. fresh oregano
- 1.50 tbsp. parsley
- Mix the meats, 1/4 cup onion, half of the garlic, tapioca, zest, sugar, salt, 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper, and 1 tablespoon water together in a large bowl.
- Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour. Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a small stockpot over low heat.
- Add the remaining 3/4 cup onion and 2 garlic cloves and cook until softened, stirring occasionally — 5 to 7 minutes.
- Add the broth, 3 cups water, remaining 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper, and the oregano and parsley sprigs and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer for 20 minutes. Strain and keep warm.
- Transfer the meat mixture and the herbs to a food processor and blend just until smooth — about 20 seconds.
- Shape into 1-inch meatballs and set aside. Heat the remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Cook the meatballs — 12 at a time — until browned. Bring the broth to a simmer over medium-low heat.
- Add the meatballs and continue to simmer until meatballs are cooked through — about 3 minutes. Serve hot.
- Serve with your favourite wine.
Submitted by: Doug S.