...where you will find "quality" Beef, Pork, Chicken, Fresh Fish, Cheese, Deli Meats, Salads, Sauces and Spices.
Our "Weekly Specials" will be posted Sunday morning, for the upcoming week.
In our "Did You Know" section there are links to the nutritional values, cuts, preparation, recipes or anything else you would like to know about beef, poultry or pork.
So come on in and browse for a while! - John Schinkel and Staff
GROUND BEEF tonight?
Specials in effect Mon. Dec. 2 to Sat. Dec. 7, 2013
WE ARE NOW TAKING ORDERS FOR CHRISTMAS!
(Turkeys, hams, roasts etc.)
[click graphic below for a larger view]
A Family Tradition Since 1925
100% ONTARIO WHOLE MILK
NO MODIFIED MILK PRODUCTS
Go to our Recipe Archive
Recipe of the Week
Peachy Pork Roast
- 3 lb (1.5 kg) Canadian Pork leg or loin roast, boneless
- 1 28 fl oz./796 mL can sliced peaches packed in light syrup
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) brown sugar
- 3 tbsp (50 mL) chili sauce
- 3 tbsp (50 mL) cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) vegetable oil
- 1 tsp (5 mL) salt
- 1 tsp (5 mL) ground ginger
- 1 1/2 tsp (2 mL) ground pepper
- Place Pork roast in a plastic bag, non-metal bowl or sealable container. Reserve a few peach slices for garnish.
- Blend all remaining ingredients in a blender or food processor until smooth.
- Pour half of the mixture over the pork roast. Seal and refrigerate 8 hours or overnight along with remaining half peach mixture, turning bag over several times.
- Drain the marinade into a small saucepan and boil 1 minute. Preheat barbecue on high; reduce heat to medium low. Place roast on grill over a drip pan or on the rotisserie. Close barbecue cover and roast, basting often with the marinade until internal temperature measured with a meat thermometer reaches 160°CF (70°C).
- Tent with foil and let stand 10 minutes before carving. Garnish with reserved peach slices.
- Serve with heated reserved peach mixture.
Submitted by: Teddy B.