...where you will find "quality" Beef, Pork, Chicken, Fresh Fish, Cheese, Deli Meats, Salads, Sauces and Spices.
Our "Weekly Specials" will be posted Sunday morning, for the upcoming week.
In our "Did You Know" section there are links to the nutritional values, cuts, preparation, recipes or anything else you would like to know about beef, poultry or pork.
So come on in and browse for a while! - John Schinkel and Staff
Pork Shoulder Butt Roast tonight?
Specials in effect Mon. Oct. 27 to Sat. Nov. 1, 2014
[click graphic below for a larger view]
A Family Tradition Since 1925
100% ONTARIO WHOLE MILK
NO MODIFIED MILK PRODUCTS
Go to our Recipe Archive
Recipe of the Week
WILD MUSHROOM BEEF STEW
- 1 1/2 to 2 pounds beef stew meat, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 1/2 cups beef broth
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 4 shiitake mushrooms, sliced
- 2 medium carrots, sliced
- 2 medium potatoes, diced
- 1 small white onion, chopped
- 1 stalk celery, sliced
- Put the beef in the 4 1/2-quart CROCK-POT® slow cooker. Mix together the flour, salt and pepper and sprinkle over the meat; stir to coat each piece of meat with flour. Add the remaining ingredients and stir to mix well.
- Cover; cook on LOW 10 to 12 hours or on HIGH for 4 to 6 hours. Stir the stew before serving.
- You may double the amount of meat, mushrooms, carrots, potatoes, onion and celery for the 5, 6 or 7-quart CROCK-POT® slow cooker.
- This classic beef stew is given a twist with the addition of flavorful shiitake mushrooms. If shiitake mushrooms are unavailable in your local grocery store, you can substitute other mushrooms of your choice. For extra punch, add a few dried porcini mushrooms to the stew.
Submitted by: Kim H.